Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Vigorous Hobby

I'm taking today and tomorrow off from work to extend Memorial Day weekend to five days, and enjoying using some of the extra time to tend to my sartorial hobby. There is always stuff to do! Today I have picked up tailoring, picked up and dropped off shirts for monogramming, picked up and dropped off drycleaning, monitored my Ebay auctions in progress, checked out some online sales, posted my "What Are You Wearing Today?" in Ask Andy's Fashion and Trad Forums. It's like bird watching: there are always more birds.

UPDATE (5/1/2009): I'm still finding the hobby as much fun as ever. During this current extended period of unemployment, I dress for business every weekday; it keeps me in an upbeat frame of mind. (As noted elsewhere, I've dropped my involvement in the online world of menswear enthusiasts, who are a pretty catty bunch for ostensibly straight guys.)

No comments: