Monday, May 12, 2008

My Wardrobe: Tan Camel-hair Sportcoat

Clothing is one of my most enthusiastic hobbies (and biggest expenses). Life being what it is, I'll take whatever form of cheering up that seems to work, and dressing well has always met that need for me. I'm a guy in a tie.

I have posted on most of the menswear bulletin boards on the Web, but I have backed off the majority of them eventually, as well, because, like most male-dominated discussion groups, they tend to turn into contests and become nasty. Who needs that? I had been in the habit of posting my daily outfits in the "What Are You Wearing Today?" threads on various boards (although without the usual accompanying photographs), but have given up on most except for Ask Andy About Clothes (which is a gentlemanly place). There you can still find my daily posts in both the "Fashion Forum" and the "Trad Forum" (I'm not genuinely trad, but I like the guys in that forum).

Here at PMD, I'll post about individual items in my wardrobe because, well, it's fun for me to do.

Today I was off work (taking a little vacation time through this Wednesday), but I still wore a sportcoat as I do on almost all my off days. Today's coat was a real favorite, a vintage Brooks Brothers tan camel-hair sportcoat that I purchased on Ebay. Single breasted, three button, ventless. I had to have the sleeves taken down a bit (I have long arms even for a 44 Long). This is one of my most comfortable, companionable, and versatile sportcoats. I wore it today with blackwatch plaid trousers and an open-necked white button-down -- as well as my pinstriped Timber Rattlers baseball cap, when I went to the ballpark.

No comments: