Sunday, January 22, 2012

Newt Gingrich

If Newt Gingrich ever becomes President of the United States, I'm leaving the country!

Oh wait, scratch that...I already left.

Well then, I'm never coming back. So there!

Actually, I think Newt's victory in South Carolina is good for Romney. It effectively takes Santorum out of the race. Everyone else is already gone (except Ron Paul, who won't drop out but who won't accomplish anything, either). Romney will now get fired up and should take Florida handily, since Gingrich has no substantial following there (Romney is polling in the 40s, Gingrich in the teens).

Romney vs. Obama could be a dogfight. For all the talk that evangelical Republicans won't get behind Romney because he's Mormon, I think they will; they haven't got a choice. The wave of liberal enthusiasm that swept Obama into office is gone; a lot of voters who supported Obama in '08 are going to sit this one out. It might be a very close election.

No comments: