Friday, June 19, 2009

My Wardrobe: The Most Wanted

I made up this list a while back for posting on one of the menswear boards. I've since snagged two of the eight items (both hats).

Items I'm on the lookout for, in my size and at the right price:

1) Navy and white striped boating blazer

2) Double breasted navy chalk-stripe suit with a 1930s Chicago gangster vibe

3) Vintage black bowler -- The difficulty was hitting my price; nicely preserved bowlers tend to go for a lot on Ebay. I finally got lucky on a real beauty. I've bid on brown and pearl-gray bowlers, too, but the bidding got past my comfort zone, and I've become a very disciplined bidder.

4) Complete kilt outfit (this will be $$$)

5) Reverse chalk-stripe suit (either SB or DB), black striping on medium grey (Dick Powell wears a suit like this in Murder My Sweet)

6) Vintage tweed single-breasted suit with an All Creatures Great and Small vibe

7) Vintage olive-green fedora -- Found one on Ebay -- tough color. Then, amazingly, found a second one: slightly different shade, velour rather than felt.

8) Gucci navy suede snaffle-bit loafers

If I found every one of these, I'd easily come up with a new list. I'm a shark when it comes to clothing -- always continuing to move forward and devour.