Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cannes Awards

Congratulations to all the winners at Cannes:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/cannes_film_festival_the_winners/

In my web discussion group, I flagged the top three films! What do I win?

I would be surprised, very surprised, if Uncle Boonmee came away with nothing.

I would not be surprised if A Screaming Man and Of Gods and Men were recognized in some way.


Beautiful Women Alert: Juliette Binoche, Kristin Scott Thomas, Penelope Cruz, and Salma Hayek all looked stunning tonight.

Mahamat-Saleh Haroun was eloquent in his post-ceremony interview about what A Screaming Man's award will hopefully mean in terms of greater exposure for African cinema. He had the most delighted look!

My read on the awards is that they went a long way toward remedying the malaise engendered by this year's relatively weak line-up. There was a palpable feeling in the French television interviews that the winners were a very strong group, and that will probably be what people remember.

No comments: