Sunday, July 20, 2008

Basketball Coach Fashion

Basketball coaching, along with the related field of sports announcing, is an arena in which guys actually try to dress well, and are unabashed about French cuffs, pocket squares, and so on. I like that. I'm a big Jay Wright fan; I also like Billy Donovan's style (although he almost always takes his jacket off at courtside; Wright not only keeps his on, he remains buttoned up).


Jay Wright


Billy Donovan

I don't give a fig for basketball, but I would almost watch just for the coaches. Apparently, some people do (and certainly the fact that coaches like Wright, Donovan, and Kerry Keating are wicked handsome doesn't hurt); the "Runway to the Fashionable Four" has become quite the yearly event -- some of the coaches even trash-talk each other about their suits!

http://www.collegeinsider.com/sanantonio/


Kerry Keating

No comments: